Monday, January 9, 2012

Our little sweetheart

 
A little over 16 weeks! (picture: 14 weeks 1 day) What a precious blessing that is on the way. Shawn and I have felt so much happiness as we have been preparing ourselves for this beautiful privilege and opportunity to become parents. I cannot begin to express how much love I have felt from my Heavenly Father. 
If you knew my views on parenthood months ago, you would think that I were a completely different person. Throughout my entire life, I have always dreamed of being a mother. Throughout grade school, when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would always respond, a mommy. I have always wanted to be a mother, however, it wasn't until I grew older that I realized I had planned my life out. Education, marry, More education, maybe 2 years later think about parenthood. For some, there is nothing wrong with this plan. However,  I realized something later on that I had never before realized. Plans change! The life that I plan will and must change at times in our lives and we must be willing to allow them to. Though I had my plan, I realized that God's plan is perfect, not mine. He has something in store for me, personally, right now. I am so excited to be a mother. Whether it's months after being married or years, if it is right for us at a certain time, God will let us know. Once I got over my fear of changing my plans in life, I found that I have never been happier. Life is not easy. It isn't intended to be or we would never grow. Nonetheless, the gospel is easy. If we listen to the promptings of the Spirit and allow God to guide our lives, we will be blessed. We cannot expect Him to guide our footsteps if we are not willing to take a step of faith ourselves.
I often think of His perfect love and trust in sending me His child and allowing me to teach, guide, nurture, and love this innocent and pure child so that I may grow.  
We are so happy to have our little sweetheart.


No comments:

Post a Comment